Jenny Life, Inc. (“Jenny Life”) is committed to maintaining your confidence and trust. And that means ensuring that you understand how we collect, use and disclosure personal information about you in connection with your use of our web pages, apps, and/or your use of services provided by us. This privacy notice applies to all the information we collect from you through (i) our website www.jennylife.com or mobiles apps, (ii) our JennyVaxLife mobile application, (iii) our JennyLifeRX mobile application, and (iv) any other method you may use to access our services and/or apply for insurance products or request services from us.
We use the personal information we collect about you for a variety of business purposes, for example;
• To help you identify your insurance needs;
• To provide you with the products and services you have requested or authorize;
• To verify your identity for purposes of providing you access to certain areas and features of the website; To develop and display content on the website that is tailored to you;
• To communicate with you about your contract or policy or changes to any of our policies;
• To send you marketing communications or promotional emails about products or our services, developments or news, or other third party products or services you may be interested in;
• To perform research and analysis about your use of our website and services, and your potential interest in different products or services that could be offered by us or others;
• To approximate your geographic location to show you localized options for services;
• For customer service, by responding to any questions you have if you contact us;
• As required by law or regulation or to comply with license obligations; and
• For any other purpose disclosed as the time you provide your personal information to us or otherwise with your express consent.
SHARING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share all of the Personal Information we collect, as described above, with:
• Agents, brokers, insurers, and others who provide products and services to you;
• Our affiliated companies, such as insurance an investment companies, insurance agencies or broker- dealers that market our products or services to you, if permitted in your state;
• Service providers and business partners in order to perform standard business functions on our behalf including those related to processing transactions you request or authorize, maintaining your contract or policy, processing transactions or payments, hosting or providing website functionality, conducting research and data analysis for us, and providing marketing or other promotional assistance;
• Reinsurance companies, and insurance support organizations, such as consumer reporting agencies;
• Other financial institutions with whom we may jointly market products, if permitted in your state.
• In the event that we are involved in a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale or other change of control of our business, your information may be sold or transferred as part of that transaction.
• Partners and/or third-party services that help us to provide services you request from us;
• Except as described herein or disclosed to you at the time you provide your personal information, we will not share your personal information with any third party without your specific consent. However, we may share non-identifiable information, such as aggregate data and Usage Information, as described below, with third parties.
Please note that any personal information consisting of medical or health information is only shared with third parties to perform business, professional or functions on our behalf or as authorized by you.
OTHER TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND USE
Whenever you visit or interact with the website, we, as well as any third-party advertisers and/or service providers, may use a variety of technologies that automatically or passively collect information about how the website or mobile applications are accessed and used (“Usage Information”).
Usage Information may include browser type, device type, operating system, application version, the page served, the time, the preceding page views, and your use of features or applications on the website. This information helps us keep our website fresh and interesting to our visitors and allows us to tailor content to a visitor’s interests.
We automatically collect your IP address or other unique identifier (“Device Identifier”) for the Device (computer, mobile phone, tablet or other device) you use to access the website. A Device Identifier is a number that is assigned to your Device when you access a website or its servers, and our computers identify your Device by its Device Identifier. We may use a Device Identifier to, among other things, administer the website, help diagnose problems with our servers, analyze trends, track users’ web page movements, help identify you and your interests, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
COOKIES & PIXEL TAGS
The technologies used on the website to collect Usage Information, including Device Identifiers, include but are not limited to: cookies (data files placed on a Device when it is used to visit the website), mobile analytics software and pixel tags (transparent graphic image, sometimes called a web beacon or tracking beacon, placed on a web page or in an email, which indicates that a page or email has been viewed). Cookies may also be used to associate you with social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter and, if you so choose, enable interaction between your activities on the website and your activities on such social networking sites. We, or our vendors, may place cookies or similar files on your Device for security purposes, to facilitate site navigation, to perform analytics, and personalize your experience while visiting our website (such as allowing us to select which ads or offers are most likely to appeal to you, based on your interests, preferences, location, or demographic information). A pixel tag may tell your browser to get content from another server.
To learn how you may be able to reduce the number of cookies you receive from us, or delete cookies that have already been installed in your browser’s cookie folder, or prevent tracking activities, please refer to your browser’s tools or help menu or other instructions related to your browser. Because an industry-standard Do- Not-Track protocol has not yet been established, our information collection practices on this website will continue to operate as described in this privacy notice regardless of any “Do-Not-Track” signals that may be sent by certain browsers. However, if you may refuse to accept cookies in order to prevent tracking activities. If you do disable or opt out of receiving cookies, please be aware that some features and services on our website may not work properly because we may not be able to recognize and associate you with your account(s). In addition, the offers we provide when you visit us may not be as relevant to you or tailored to your interests.
Additional Information for Users of a JennyLife Mobile Application.
When you download and use a JennyLife mobile application, we and our service providers may track and collect application usage data, such as the date and time the application on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the application based on your device number.
When using certain functions via a JennyLife mobile application, we may use your location information if your mobile device uses global positioning system (“GPS”) technology, trackers or other location tools, if you allow your device to provide this information to the mobile application.
We will use this information to estimate your location and to provide you with more personalized content and/or services.
A JennyLife mobile application may also permit you to upload a photograph from your mobile device. The photograph is for your use only and JennyLife will not have access to it. JennyLife will not upload it to a JennyLife server. This paragraph does not apply to scans or images of documents you submit to JennyLife in connection with your use of the Services or any services provided by JennyLife
You can control the personal information that you provide to us, but some personal information is required by us in order for you to obtain services from us. If you choose not to provide us with your personal information, you may not be able to take advantage of the services we offer. We do not share your personal information in a manner that affords you the right to opt-out of the sharing. However, consistent with the commitments set forth in this privacy notice, if any sharing of your personal information will require us to provide you with the option to opt-out of or opt-in to the information sharing, you will be provided with such option before the sharing occurs. You can direct us to stop sending you promotional emails by following the “unsubscribe” instructions in a Jenny Life promotional email you receive from us or by sending us an email at email@example.com. Your opt-out request will be processed within 30 days of the date on which we receive it. Opting-out of receiving promotional emails will not affect your ability to continue to receive other service-related non-promotional emails from us, which you will not be able to opt-out from.
By providing your mobile phone number you authorize Jenny Life, Inc. to communicate with you via phone and/or SMS/text (which ever you prefer). Standard message and data rates may apply. You can stop messages from us at any time by replying with the word STOP. We promise we won’t be pushy. We’re simply here to help. ; )
ADVERTISING/BEHAVIORAL TARGETING, HOW TO OPT-OUT
If you do not want to receive the benefits of targeted advertising, you may opt-out of some network advertising programs that use your information by visiting the NAI Opt-Out page at https://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1. Please note that even if you choose to remove your information, you will still see advertising when you are browsing online. However, the advertisements you see may be less relevant to you and your interests.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take the protection of your personal information seriously.
• We apply physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information from unauthorized access.
• We provide training to our employees on how to safeguard personal information and only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, which may only be used for permitted business purposes.
• We contractually require service providers to protect your personal information and use it exclusively for the purpose of performing certain business functions on our behalf.
Despite these efforts, you should be aware that no electronic data transmission or storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please note that we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you use the website and provide us with your information at your own risk.
The website is not directed to or intended for use by children under 13. We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose personally identifiable information from anyone under 13 years of age. If we determine that a user of this website is under this age, we will not use or maintain his/her personal information without the parent/guardian’s consent. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected personally identifiable information from a child under the age of 13, we will make reasonable efforts to delete such information from our records.
OTHER SITES & APPS
Our website or mobile applications may contain links to other sites that we do not own or operate. This includes links from advertisers, sponsors and/or partners that may use our logo(s) as part of a co-branding or co-marketing agreement. We do not control, recommend or endorse and are not responsible for these sites or their content, products, services or privacy policies or practices. These other sites may send their own cookies to your device, they may independently collect data or solicit personal information and may or may not have their own published privacy policies. You should also independently assess the authenticity of any site which appears or claims that it is one of our website (including those linked to through an email or social networking page).
The website may make available chat rooms, forums, message boards, and news groups. Remember that any information that you disclose in these areas becomes public information and is not subject to the provisions of this privacy notice.
CONSENT TO PROCESSING AND TRANSFER OF INFORMATION
The website is governed by and operated in, and in accordance with the laws of the United States. We make no representation that the website is governed by or operated in accordance with the laws of any other nation. By using the website, or providing us with any information, you (a) acknowledge that the website is subject to the laws of the United States, (b) consent to the collection, processing, maintenance and transfer of such information in and to the United States and other applicable territories in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as or equivalent to those in the country where you reside and/or are a citizen, and (c) waive any claims that may arise under those laws.
We may update this privacy notice to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any material changes we will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified by you) or by means of a notice on our website prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
If you have any questions or concerns about this privacy notice, or privacy practices, or this website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.